BOSTON, May 2, 2017 –The Investment Management Consultants Association® (IMCA®) presented several prestigious awards today at its 2017 Annual Conference Experience recognizing outstanding contributions to IMCA and the investment and wealth management industry.
Among those honored was LifeYield Executive Vice President Jack Sharry, who was presented with the Richard J. Davis Ethics, Legal, Regulatory Insight Honorable Distinction Award for his article Turning Lemons into Lemonade: DOL Requirement Create Win-Win for Those Who Embrace Goals-Based Wealth Management, which was published in IMCA’s Investments & Wealth Monitor.
The article takes a deep dive into the DOL fiduciary standard, which Jack argues will push the industry towards greater sophistication of goals-based wealth management. In this scenario, tax-smart coordination across multiple accounts will become the new norm, benefitting investors as well as the advisors and firms that serve them.
The award honors the author(s) of a written work published in the previous year that has made a significant contribution to advancing the understanding and knowledge of investment management consulting and/or private wealth management in the area of ethics, and/or the fiduciary, legal, or regulatory issues that affect these professional practices.
Past industry professionals honored under this category include John Bogle, Polina Demina, Joseph Holt, Arthur Laby, Andrew W. Lo, Gordon Marino, Elizabeth Piper/Bach, CIMA®, Robert Prentice, Robert H. Sitkoff, Meir Statman, Gary A. Varnavides, and Peter Verhezen.
Jack joins seven other members of the wealth management community honored by IMCA this year:
- Matthew R. McArthur Industry Pioneer Award: Keith Ambachtsheer, president, KPA Advisory Services, and director emeritus, Rotman International Centre for Pension Management at the University of Toronto
- J. Richard Joyner Wealth Management Impact Award: Harold Evensky, CFP®, chairman, Evensky & Katz
- Richard J. Davis Ethics, Legal, Regulatory Insight Award: Michael Kitces, MSFS, MTAX, CFP®, CLU, ChFC, RHU, REBC, CASL, partner and director of research, Pinnacle Advisory Group, and publisher of the e-newsletter, The Kitces Report, and the financial planning industry blog, Nerd’s Eye View (Also recognized with a Kessler Honorable Distinction Award)
- Edward D. Baker III Journal Research Award: James B. Sandidge, J.D., principal, Sandidge Group LLC
- Stephen L. Kessler Writing Award: Anthony B. Davidow, CIMA®, vice president and alternative beta and asset allocation strategist, Schwab Center for Financial Research
- Kessler Honorable Distinction Award: Tim Macready, CIMA®, managing director, and Simba Marekera, head of research, Brightlight Impact Advisory
To learn more about IMCA’s awards and to read the award-winning articles, visit www.imca.org.